Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The B Word


I have a secret - I've been baking. Gasp!!!

The distaste of following measurements and recipes has somehow manifested into an "I adore baking" phase. I have recently been curious to see just how far I can evolve my recipes. Most people experiment with cakes, cookies, etc. Me? I jumped no leaped straight to bread. Bread without a bread machine AND without a cooking thermometer. You are probably wondering if this will be yet another "disaster" recipe post.

Much to my surprise, I made flipping delicious bread and I loved it! My first attempt was Whole Wheat Cinnamon Sugar Bread. I had no clue how to make this and I still managed to tweak the original recipe.

Update: so I had started on this post about a year and a half ago. Lots of life changes took blogging off the radar for more. However, this bread was sooooo good it inspired me for a little while to continue baking other such goodies. 

I am sad to say I didn't save my recipes. But life is an adventurous journey, one fine day I will recreate these gems again!

Here are some pics that I did manage to take of my baking adventures. And as predicted, they didn't last too long. :)




Other bread bakery adventures:

Rosemary cheese buns


Bagels 😨


No comments:

Post a Comment